On Saturday, October 6th, the Ancient Order of Hibernians and Knights of Columbus from Clifton, NJ will travel to the Medal of Honor Grove in PA. Their yearly mission with the help of hardy volunteers is to wash the NJ Memorial Obelisk and clean up, restore the surrounding area of the New Jersey Medal of Honor Grove and the Military Chaplin’s Grove.
The Medal of Honor Grove at Valley Forge Pennsylvania contains 52 acres of natural woodland and is designed as a living memorial to the 3447 recipients of our nation’s highest military decoration, the Medal of Honor. A section of the grove is designated for each of the fifty states, Puerto Rico and District of Columbia.
- Date: Saturday, October 6th, 2018
- Time: Bus leaves at 7:30am and returns approximately at 4:30pm
- Where: St. Philip the Apostle, Valley Rd. Clifton NJ 07013 (see Map/Directions)
- Parking: Parking lot on NE corner of Valley Road & St. Philip Drive, Clifton NJ
- Dress: Please dress accordingly for outdoor cleanup and landscaping
- Logistics: Transportation, lunch and equipment will be provided
All volunteers are welcome! Anyone interested in a historic tour and participating should contact John Hughes for more information at 973-472-0061.
Click here to view the event flyer.